To: "microsound" <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 4:51 AM
Subject: Re: [microsound] electroplankton

haven't done anything with it in ages. got it when it was first released in Japan. It's a bit of an over-used tool/instrument/gimmick nowadays in my opinion. I love the concept and I do think it's Iwai Toshio's finest work. Actually I think it's Iwai's art and not a creative tool for us the public. It's good to get inspired by it and use it as a source to make something new which is partially formed by Electroplankton. But the lack of creative / innovative control of the "game" is preventing it from being a tool, I think. It's supposed to be experienced not be used. and it's a pretty nice experience.

vincent.

Adam Young <adam_young@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Has anyone been experimenting with the electroplankton title on the
nintendo ds?

It's pretty silly, but neat to see something like this being released
in a small way in a mainstream market. I've been multitracking some
compositions using only it's generated audio as a source.. anyone
else doing anything with it?

adam young
www.adyo.info
www.direwires.com | www.tractile.net