Re: [microsound] m-audio microtrack or?

Hi just jumpin on the band wagon here, im interested in gettin one of
these, id need it mostly for field recordings. Im assuming it has a
firewire or usb interface.  Here is my current setup, i use an iRiver
H340 with a pair of OKM stereo mics www.soundman.de the studio
versions. iRiver lets you record stereo mic in and with the line
preamp, it will detect this and record as line input for louder db
environments like recording gig PA's, fully tested :D

Anyway the maximum u can record is a 320 k mp3. Its high quality and a
nice filesize, however im wanting to get into the 24/96 wav recording
domain for a portable device and the current operating system cant.
However there is a new embedded OS for portable devices called roxbox,
http://www.rockbox.org/ , it lets you record to wav but 16 / 44
recording , so cd quality, i think soon it will also have the feature
of converting the recording to flac on the fly or something ? The bad
thing is it doesnt support mp3 recording, so u have to reboot back to
the original OS to get mp3 records :D So for something a little cheaper
this is pretty nice , and the iRiver loads like a usb drive so u can
just drag and drop the files onto your computer.