Re: [microsound] folk-music instrument

right on.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Thaniel Lee" <thanielionlee@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "microsound" <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [microsound] folk-music instrument

i personally think that the term folk art/music is a label that academia made up to seperate and segragate the poor/minoraties from the academia... in my opinion low art is a black kid talking about being a poor black kid, but high art is a white guy with a MFA taking photos of the black kid.

On 2/11/06, mat.the.w <craque@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Perhaps it is that the people who can only express themselves through a more analytical medium now finally can.

On 2/10/06 10:25 PM, "jeff gburek" <tsazmaniac@xxxxxxxxx> scribed:

thanielionlee@xxxxxxxxx
http://thanielarts.blogspot.com/