Re: [microsound] folk-music instrument

I think that the musical mind shares a lot of similarities and
simultanaeities with the scientific mind. Technology has caused the musical
palatte available to grow even broader; it's not surprising that musicians
in particular have such a close affinity with computers.

> maybe i am a little disappointed at the predominance
> of orientation toward easily recognizable periodic
> structuring (beats patterns) but overall it seems like

It's absolutely the truth that the tyranny of the barline remains with
indelible force, and still very popularly upheld with traditional harmonic
progressions. To the max sometimes, it gets weary, as innovative as the
sounds around it usually are. There just isn't a lot of structural
complexity to electronic music these days. You hear it, but surprises seem
few and far between.

Perhaps that's what makes them good? More good! Less recognizable harmony!
;)