Re: [microsound] minimal release formats

I would prefer a CDr to an Mp3 anyday, which is the only reason that I don't have the whole back catalogue for AudioBulb (thanks for the order BTW!)

Taalem (french record label) only release 3" CDrs with on-body printing and minimal info (an address label with artist, cat # etc) for me this is excellent as the design scheme has continued for 30 releases creating a strong "brand" out of quite restrained aesthetics.

http://www.discogs.com/label/Diophantine+Discs  Diophantine discks use coloured discs for their releases (reflective side for the first one is blue, and red for the second) which is a pleasant gimmic.

As the 3 cds have a relatively similar type of cover are I would suggest using that type of thing again but maybe in a digipac or simple cardboard sleeve to denote that a CDr is inside rather than a manufacured CD.

I think that whilst packaging is important on a shelf it isn't as important for web shops, 9/10 of the CDrs that I buy have either no cover art or bad cover art - I think that this is generally reflected in the price...

Looking forward to what ever you decide ;)

James