Re: [microsound] RMS on P2P, DRM and CC

Hallo,
Phil Thomson hat gesagt: // Phil Thomson wrote:

> http://www.linuxp2p.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10771
>
> Richard Stallman (who brought you the GNU in GNU/Linux) weighs in on
> peer-to-peer, Digital Restrictions Management (more commonly known as
> Digital Rights Management or copy protection) and Creative Commons.
> Most interesting is his perspective on the latter. Despite the common
> perception that CC is "a GPL for culture", RMS is less excited about
> it than one might expect from the inventor of the GPL.

Actually I was surprised that the inventor of the GPL was for some
time supporting CC quite broadly, and I'm glad to now read his clear
words on the subject. Mute Magazine ran an intersting article which
sums up my personal reservations against CC better than I could do
myself: http://www.metamute.org/en/node/5597

The other articles in that issue are also worth a read:
http://www.metamute.org/en/Underneath-the-Knowledge-Commons

Ciao