Re: [microsound] re: podcasting? / upload ?/ getting sound file onto the web question.......

well, by sucking i meant, that all free providers (free is a requirement,
since i`m somewhat poor at the moment) have either incomprehensible (at
least to me, though i`ve been using computers for the last 15 years)
webinterfaces, don`t work properly with ftp, allow only certain files to be
uploaded or other stupidities. i also think you got me wrong in the first
place, i already DO have a blog (musique.wordpress.com (non-microsound,
non-anglophone)), i just need some space to store some files that i can then
link to from my blog.
thanks in advance, manuel

> Hmnn..
>
> Sucking being a relative term, and free being a requirement: Did you
> look at blogger.com?   it has cool integrated audio-blogging from
> your phone.  But also suffers from adverts.
>
> - n
>

> On Feb 6, 2006, at 12:22 PM, m.dilly@xxxxxx wrote:
>
> > hi,
> > i´ve got a similar, but even more lowbrow, question, does anyone
> > know, where
> > i could get some free webspace for my blog that doesn`t suck
> > (like ,for
> > example, mybesthost, lycos and the university of mainz do)?
> >
> >> Hallo,

> >> Podcasts are just glorified, hip website downloads, so it would be
> >> easier to just put the file on a website somewhere for download as
> >> you
> >> would need to do to make it available for a Podcast anyway.
> >>
> >> An alternative approach would be to use P2P technology for this,
> >> expecially Bittorrent. You wouldn't even need your own website for
> >> that, as you can just offer a bittorrent "seed" for your file from
> >> your home PC/Mac. Once the file is properly distributed in the net it
> >> would even be available without the home machine running. See
> >> http://www.bittorrent.com/guide.html for an introduction to this.
> >>
> >> archive.org is an option, too, but I think it requires a bit more
> >> administrative effort.
> >>
> >> Ciao
> >> --
> >>  Frank Barknecht                 _ ______footils.org_ __goto10.org__

> > --
> > http://musique.wordpress.com
> >
> > Lust, ein paar Euro nebenbei zu verdienen? Ohne Kosten, ohne Risiko!
> > Satte Provisionen für GMX Partner: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/partner

http://musique.wordpress.com

http://musique.wordpress.com

DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl