RE: [microsound] question: who is making the most interesting minimal techno right now?

Tough question given your comments. Minimal dance music has found mainstream popularity over the past two years and so much beige minimal has been produced and released that there is a bit of a backlash and, yes, it might even be a bit passé right now.

Given minimal techno's necessarily constrained parameters and its relative maturity it's difficult for labels to do other than release the same kind of music over and over again.

But I would probably recommend these labels to hear some newness:

Karloff - specifically releases by Dapayk Solo and dB

Boogism  - artists like Fym, S-Max, and Paradroid)

Perlon  - in form - back from mediocrity - with notable recent releases by Matt John and Dandy Jack & the Junction SM (as mentioned)

Orac - artists like [a]pendics.shuffle

Wagon Repair - Mathwe Jonson, Hrdvision and The Modern Deep Left Quartet

There has been a new minimal meets progressive house hybrid happening - I'm not sure you would find it very novel or intersting but dancefloors like it

Someone mentioned Sleeparchive - I like what he is doing but I think it is pretty much a retro early 90s sound - not new at all.

Monolake is doing some interesting stuff.

Gaiser, Butane, Jesse Somfay, Lee Curtis, Bruno Ponstato, Barem, Pheek and quite a few others are making good records but I'm not sure you would consider them groundbreaking. It's just very difficult to be groundbreaking in the genre now.

Maybe I should send you a mix CD.

Noel