Re: YNT: [microsound] question: who is making the most interesting minimal techno right now?

On 3/16/06 4:05 AM, "okan" <neseliduduk@xxxxxxxxx> scribed:

> I haven't heard the name of Twerk ,sutekh,kit clayton,context,...as I know,
> they didn't make something worth to listen till 2004.

Quite the opposite. I haven't heard much from these guys that compares to
the great stuff they were releasing in the 1998-2001 timeframe. These
artists are the west-coast US pioneers in experimental techno. If you are
even slightly interested in really good (not so) minimal (very) glitchy
soundscapes with a four on the floor, you should not miss the work from
these guys.

That said, I don't consider any of them minimal techno. Maybe sutekh. If
anything they are very maximal and complex techno.

I tend towards the lower end of the BPM spectrum, but Losoul's "Belong" was
just re-released on vinyl, a musthave if you haven't heard it.

Jirku/Judge is great. Villalobos's Alcachofa is wonderful stuff, very drawn
out though.

The new Monolake "Polygon Cities" is a great new release, I may have to get
that one on wax.

Depending on what you call "techno", Jan Jelinek keeps the bar up pretty
high too.

Personally I think Stewart Walker's "Live Extracts" is great.

Poker Flat also just released a big retrospective and compilation. Some
great stuff on there too, though they can slip a little too far into the
gorgonzola at times.

I'd love to find out how Hakan Libdo ticks. It seems like he has a knack for
floor-moving sawtooth sculptures at the same time he can release deep and
bloopy wonderful stuff on Moody. That cat is a master.

Also, I need Savvas Ysatis to release more music. Please someone let him
know.

//\