Re: [microsound] Help for the beginner and Hello's

Hallo,
thewade hat gesagt: // thewade wrote:

> The Computer Music Tutorial by Curtis Roads is the best computer music
> book on the synthesis/creation/theory side of things. I use Pure-Data
> extensively and the learning curve was steep, but now I can do anything
> with it!
> http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=8218
> http://clang.mat.ucsb.edu/index.php?clang=6

Actually I much prefer "Computer Music" by Dogde/Jerse over the CMT,
because the CMT too often directs you to somewhere else for deeper
explanations whereas the Dogde/Jerse is self-contained. For microsound
purposes the aptly titled "Microsound" obviously is nice, too.

And then "Elements of Computer Music" by Moore is old, but golden and
still *the* classic textbook on computer music IMO.

Additionally I cannot recommend "Alan Turing - The Enigma" by Andrew
Hodges enough, even though at first sight it appears to not be about
music at all.

Ciao