Re: [microsound] birdsong

I had a wee go with outdoor field recording birdies to incorporate into a longer piece. Also messed about with them dsp to make new textures and that. Got two finches in a cage (pets) , which I plan to hang my mike into..maybe

Steve
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Adam" <spectro7@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "microsound" <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 10:01 AM
Subject: Re: [microsound] birdsong

>Anyone here doing anything with birdsong samples?

Depending on what you are after, even single mod FM implemented in Max/MSP or suchlike can do some very useable birds if properly 'controlled' ...tweak and twitter... and note, many (all?) songbirds have dual vocal apparatus.

For recordings, birdsong can be still be 'useful' when spectrally traced from aural environment. Spear is bird friendly...

and finally check out Messiaen's avian inspired works for instrumental applications.