Re: [microsound] Audio Compression

Hi Chris,

There is also an iTunes LAME plugin: http://www.blacktree.com/apps/iTunes-LAME/

I discovered the program Max the other week, which is a mass encoder/ converter:
http://sbooth.org/Max/

I've read that MPC is one of the better among lossy formats. Personally, I'd download FLAC if it were available. As long as there's MP3 encoded at 320kbps, FLAC running around ~500kbps isn't much more bandwidth for lossless quality.

--Tim