Re: [microsound] annilehate reverb

On 10 Apr 2006, at 17:33, bruce tovsky wrote:

On Apr 10, 2006, at 11:21 AM, .°·.·`;'· .·° '· . wrote:

my efforts with compression + eq etc = aint cutt'n it.
another thing that might be worth experimenting with, depending on
your source material, is trying the "vocal-eliminator" technique,
where
you take one channel and flip its polarity and combine the two
channels
back in mono. this should eliminate anything in the track that is
centered
in the mix (and what makes it such a good vocal eliminator) -
leaving you
with just the sources that are panned to the sides. this may give
you a
piece of the reverb that is 'bare' enough to get a good snapshot
for one
of these noise reduction plugs,

Surely you just want to remove this resulting stereo track from the rest, so invert it and play it back with the original track, hopefully leaving you with the remaining mono signal?

Bet it sucks though :)  Best off starting with a dry sound in the
first place  - I usually end up throwing things away that are too
reverby if I can't learn to live with the verb.