Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 20:27:42 +0000
To: microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Joseph Scott" <sarahmichellegeller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Post-digital photography

I'm interested in the idea that the post-digital aesthetic that is
often
discussed with relation to music also exists in digital photography.
I.e.
there are approaches to digital photography that question its
techniques,
claims, technology, etc.

I have started a group
(http://www.flickr.com/groups/post-digitalphotography/), but as there
has
yet to be any discussion of the subject in the group, very probably
because
the members are unfamiliar with the idea of 'post-digital', I thought
I'd
enquire about it here.

If you go to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/josephscott80/sets/72157594180426039/ you
can
see examples of the kind of works I consider to be 'post-digital'.

Does anyone know of any photographers who consider their work to
display a
'post-digital' aesthetic? I'm not talking about 'glitch' photography
(although it is one approach), as that is more about what happens when
technology fails rather than approaching the technology in a different
way,
but photographs that view 'digital photography' as something new rather
than
a mere continuation of film photography, that question the ideology of
'digital photography', etc.

I hope everyone understands what I mean.

Groups are talking. We&acute;re listening. Check out the handy changes to Yahoo! Groups.