Re: [microsound] microsound en espanol

"as you know, there are a lot of people who do electronic music and speak spanish."

  Oh yes, soon: from Canada to Tierra del Fuego music release compiled by pueblo nuevo...

  Saludos nacho! mika.

"\\js" <js0000@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:
  hi

On 7/14/06, discos invisibles wrote:
> The questions for me would be:
> english speaking people consider
> spanish speaking people as part of a 'diferent' environment thar requires
> them to be 'separated' from the rest?

not at all. someone wrote something about how they didn't feel spanish
was welcome on the microsound list. so, i offered to work toward a
spanish language list.

not better. not worse. just different. [ok- this is an
oversimplification, but it's where i am coming from]

> I might be reading to much into it, but I think we should be more interested
> in finding ways for the integration of elements
> and ideas from the spanish speaking artists (I do not even know if we can
> categorized or unified them in such a way)
> instead of finding ways to separate us.

as it stands now, there is no doubt that this is an english language
list. there may be some spanish speaking microsounders who have stuff
to offer but don't because they can't write it in english [and don't
want to use automated translators as they often mangle the meaning].
so the proposed list was a venue for them to participate. as you know,
there are a lot of people who do electronic music and speak spanish.

i can see how it might be viewed as an electronic barrio which was not
my intention at all. i threw it out as a possiblity. seems like
there's not much interest, so we can drop it.

> El sonido nace para todos.

verdad

--
\js [ http://or8.net/~johns/ ]