Re: [microsound] another red flag

it is really quite astounding how many people dont get
the marxist (hegel) basic idea that the past
accumulates up to this...while of course any BWO
idealism is perpetuated on an idea of future that can
differ--as elsewhere stated by me, a critique can be
so brutally cynically that it cannot transform thought
into actions (my beef with adorno-ism) or so abstract
that it can be exploited by anyone no matter what the
ethics underlying it (deleuze)

actually, a few months ago at someone's bidding i
started to re-read the adorno tetxs again. this time i
found myself laughing. he was right about so many
things. but not about music or poetry per se.

--- Kim Cascone <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > But , do you really believe that
> > Adorno/Habermas and their Frankfurt posse , with
> their critique of
> > a Western
> > world that is no more,
> I'm speechless...how can I possibly respond to this?
>
> > will help us understand what is happening in the
> > world now...., please...let the 21st century
> begin!
> exactly! viva Lula, Chavez, Morales and Commandante
> Marcos! :)

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> microsound-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> website: http://www.microsound.org