Re: [microsound] worship the decibel...

I must add to this points that, in my death metaller experience, it became
clear to me that the bands that sounded more agressive and heavy were the
ones that mixed loud sections with soft sections in their songs.

The ones that kept in the "lets see who is faster and louder" soon were
overpassed in intensity by the other ones and thier music became more
useful to take a nap. A good example of "sleepy heavy music" is norwegian
black metal, very constant (great music though).

Hernan

www.cooptrol.com