Re: [microsound] Re: livecoding

Ok Gregory, I'm glad you made me see some of my misleading mistakes in
thinking about e-music. In a second reading I found that you were very
right when you critisized some of my imperative comments.

It wasnt my intention either to start a panfletary discourse here, but
maybe I felt menaced by that traditional liberal approach some northern
artists seem to have (in my opinion). Nevertheless I'm proud that some
fellow southamerican artists supported my words.

I agree it isnt fully a matter of resources or constraints. And I would be
very hipocritical if I said I havent got the resources I need for making
audiovisual art.

About Chion, I also find it too structured and theoretical, I just thought
his "synchresis" concept came in hand to describe what I think everyone
unconsciously looks for when they watch a musical performance. The
interfase between musicians and non-musician audiences is a complex issue,
and I dont even dare to give the final solutions to it.

I know for sure that being an artist is equally difficult for anyone in
any place in the world, but I intend to discuss this topic no longer,
being that this thread was about live coding.

I like live coding, and just wanted to point out other ways to achieve the
same communicational goals the live coders have.

Hernan

www.cooptrol.com