Re: [microsound] Socio/political implications of microsound music?

Dear PBJ,

> Its good to see how little consensus there is on
> this mailing list; those
> 100% personnel opinions are a joy to behold!

if you wanted me to point out most what i most
appreciate about this list, it is this very fact.
there is rarely any consensus. the politics of that is
"in the air". it is associated with freedom to search,
question, apply oneself and make connections to other
people--all things the living breathing mind and body
need...

the "music" that is called "microsound" is secondary
and has been (for me) irrelevant to this fresh
atmosphere.

music as product, as genre ("microsound") is already
bound in the gnarled ice-rings of the defense
technologies of that increasingly airless planet
called neo-capitalism (shrink-wrapped as a ersatz
charm against our own despair--the commodity is the
vestige of a worn-out ideal)

but we have a chance here to build something a bit
different, if we want to. that is the politics. not
exactly about any particular people's struggle against
governmental oppression but about the struggle to
govern oneself and ideas--i think this is also found
in other communities like those in phonography.org and
the libre movement where project orientation and not
object/commodity orientation are the guides

onward!

j.ff gbk

http://www.futurevessel.com/orphansound/

http://www.mattin.org/desetxea.html