Re: [microsound] audio-to-midi converters

On 2006 Aug 18, at 9:50 AM, ãããããããã wrote:

In general you can say that the results get worse as the material gets more complex. Additionally the ability to deal with polyphonic input is, as far as I know still experimental. For instance if you have some simple flute music or one person singing "aaahhh" solo you would likely get something fairly clean and usable. The problem is most of what's interesting is far more complex and potentially is chock full of not quite right sounding material. From what I understand the problem lies in not only accuracy but what to ignore. The beginnings of sounds often contain unpitched material that can mistrack. On the other hand waiting until it's over leaves you with a lag and likelyhood that the rhythmic timing will wind up sloppy.

Thanks Nick. Much of the stuff that I'm looking at is earlier work on DAT that is polyphonic and has some microtone considerations. Wanting to get a reasonable representation into score form.

Rod