To: "microsound" <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2006 3:07 AM
Subject: Re: [microsound] Linux DAW

use synaptic, it will install jack.

if this list is intended to be totally software discussion free, please let
me know. but that is not evident on recent topics.

renf

2006/8/5, Kevin McCoy <km.takewithyou@xxxxxxxxx>:

I think (if I'm correct) that the list is supposed to shy away from particular software-based discussions, so I'm not sure if this borders on the edge, but I will say that there's a direct connection between everything we all argued about politically a couple weeks ago and free software with its relationship to art, sound, and politics. I think everyone can agree with that, no matter what kind of software you're using.

Kevin
[distro: Ubuntu (powerpc)
apps: Pd; I should be up and running with Ardour soon when I feel like
taking the time to configure jack.]

On 8/5/06, Renato Fabbri <renatoftato@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I read some topics and got curious about how manny linux DAW users are
here,
> I cant tell how popular it is becoming in sound art production, so here
we
> go.
>
> It will be cool to list some of the apps you use mostly, and the > distro.
>
> starting:
>
> distro: Linics (ubuntu based)
>
> apps mostly used: PD, ardour, audacity, jack, jack-rack, xmms
>
> ref

-- "[D]aily life [is] a theatrical landscape in which 'everyone has their price,' God (via televangelism) and happiness (smile buttons) become commodities, radio stations say they love you, and detergents have compassion for your hands.