Re: [microsound] Chuck

David,

I don't really know how to take this statement "I don't value
challenges, in themselves". To each his own.. I certainly wouldn't
expect everyone to feel this way wether you are talking about art or
anything else. I find living is pretty challenging on it's own let
alone making art so I gotta get my kicks where I can... if it's by
challenging myself wether or not the outcome is heralded as brilliant
or horrible I don't really care.

I went with Perl because it was familiar so I did not set myself up for
too much of a challenge. I could have tried programming in C if I
wanted to hang myself. I am also familiar with Csound, PD and Max. I
choose Perl for the afore mentioned reasons of working with the theme
of forcing hardware or software not designed to make sound ..to make
sound or to make soudn differently than it was intended.

I certainly wasn't implying that doing things this way made the work
more aesthetically pleasing or meaningful. But at the same time it's
undeniable that process and technology has not driven change in art and
music.

Adrian