Re: [microsound] Re: secrets needed: ryoichi kurokawa

this idea of energic flux is what is missing the
thread on innovation vs tradition. many of us are very
self-conscious as artists. but all people are
influenced by the pulsation of history. for my part,
the materials i work with have a self-renewing aspect.
it is actually to become more open to what is changing
that is important. i think innovation is an academic's
game (based in falsifying the facts of history by
attributions of originality)and i prefer to say we
attain a new awareness of the richness of materials we
experience. they are inexhaustible. with rspect to
kim`s requote of himself 'the tool is the message' it
think this is a step backward into theses implicit in
macluhan anyway. the theory of extension is on the
primordial level based on the functionality of more
primitive tools. a bowl is two hands cupped together,
for example.

--- David Powers <cyborgk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Result", in terms of the aesthetic product, is an
> illusion - it is a
> snapshot of a process, frozen or crystallized at a
> given moment in
> time. Really, there are only processes, flows,
> fluxes.

j.ff gbk

http://www.futurevessel.com/orphansound/

http://www.mattin.org/desetxea.html