[microsound] as we know it

On Oct 10, 2006, at 11:31 AM, someone wrote:

> Reread my statement.  The """As we know it""" part is pretty
> important"
>   :)
sorry, let me explain
I read your statement several times and I could only establish these
possible meanings:
1- that we experience fascism firsthand today and 'know it' in the
direct manner of observation and involvement - this is debatable in
itself
2- we 'know it' through what we are taught in school (second hand
knowledge) -- which presents its own set of cultural and political
distortions and framing issues
3- 'as we know it' is a gray area invoked during a debate in order to
cloak the term (fascism) and have it mean whatever you want it to
4- 'we' can't all 'know it' in the same manner so 'knowing' fascism
is a problematic in itself - due to different degrees and forms of
fascism - again culturally and politically framed

so I deleted that part of your statement since I found it irrelevant
to the point you were trying to make
:)