[microsound] The electronic musician's Dark Age: Physicality

What I mean with physicality, I think everyone understood.
If we stand from an outsider point of view, it seems like we are a bunch
of entertainer-wannabes trying to come up with some sort of lame
performantic scheme to compete with real professional entertainers. Only
because popular music has always been supposed to be presented and
performed in public. And only a few dare to live in the harsh
electro-acoustic paradigm.

Interest in a person standin on a stage always comes from the person
itself, not from what he is using or even technically doing. I've seen
laptop musicians perform exiting shows dancing to their music, adressing
the audience verbally, and being themselves the show itself. I've seen
comedians use only a mike to capture the audience's attention for more
than two hours. If you have what it takes to be a real performer, then go
for it with a laptop, a banjo, or a monocycle. You'll do good. Its almost
something you're born with or not.

Hernan

www.cooptrol.com