Re: [microsound] boris + sunn o))) collaboration

This is an excellent point. When I'm out on the net scrounging music, I always find stuff I've never heard of and probably wouldn't if I weren't. I play it for friends who can afford to buy music and if they like it, they probably do.

Recently I read an interesting article with some interesting statistics on how "illegal" downloading actually increased the sales of some artists' music - if I can find it, I'll forward it to the list.

R.

As an atheist with rather loose morals, I could really care less if
the general population thinks something is "wrong", "bad", or
"stealing".

As an artist, I'd rather people find out about me outside of Chicago,
through illegal downloading, than to never hear me at all in places
like Barcelona, London, and Berlin, as is the case right now.
Hopefully, in the long term, people who check me out on soulseek will
end up buying my stuff, or booking me for a show, or at least
spreading the word, and guess what: I make MORE money, not LESS. So
possibly, they are not stealing from me, but actually working to
promote for me, and doing it for free.

So the moral of the story is, go to beatport and buy my tracks ... ;-)

~David

Website: http://www.warbaby.com
(Currently undergoing an overhaul. Some pages and links may not work yet.)
Blog: http://raggedwings.blogspot.com/
Nifty Stuff: http://www.cafepress.com/warbaby
--

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."

         - Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi