Re: [microsound] boris + sunn o))) collaboration

As an atheist with rather loose morals, I could really care less if
the general population thinks something is "wrong", "bad", or
"stealing".

Ok, but not everyone will share you opinion, i do actually, but metallica sure does not! :)

As an artist, I'd rather people find out about me outside of Chicago,
through illegal downloading, than to never hear me at all in places
like Barcelona, London, and Berlin, as is the case right now.
Hopefully, in the long term, people who check me out on soulseek will
end up buying my stuff, or booking me for a show, or at least
spreading the word, and guess what: I make MORE money, not LESS. So
possibly, they are not stealing from me, but actually working to
promote for me, and doing it for free.

So the moral of the story is, go to beatport and buy my tracks ... ;-)

~David

Agreed. But that is your situation. I know its a common one but it is definitely a relative/point of reference thing. I think for most people on this site your example would be a benefit. Once someone is established, its a different story altogether. Have i downloaded MP3's illegally? Sure i have. But i do buy as much music as i can afford. The collectors mentality is some thing i truly enjoy. I think there is a big difference between having a cd release on mp3 and having the real mcoy, packaging an all. unfortunately there is no way i could ever really afford all of the music that i would want to own.

aLEKs