Re: [microsound] artificats?

John Hopkins wrote:
That materialization of individual human life is exactly what Marx was talking about -- he predicted the alienation increasing as technological society continued to evolve...

I think it's our job as artists to jump the gun on this, assume people already are alienated and provide some kind of alternative, ie intimate, local, live performance. I'm /so/ with you on that one. I've done gigs using field recordings I've taken on the same day, and just telling the audience this has brought up some really interesting feedback, almost like the members of the audience who talked to me afterwards were paying more attention because they knew it was based temporally local recorded sound.

--
Damian Stewart
+64 27 305 4107

f r e y