Re: [microsound] artificats?

Benedikt Koehler wrote:
I believe this question has to do with the industrialisation of culture.
This makes it hard to conceive of cultural products that are not
commodified. But it also means that a whole new fields of interesting
contradictions of being inside and outside of the commodity exchange system
at the same time. Those contradictions can be used as raw material for
cultural practices.

Whenever I've been to gigs where the performer has done a workshop beforehand, I've always been much more interested in the workshoppy part than in the gig part. Such as, I think a possible avenue for a performance might be blending the boundaries between workshop and gig, so that each 'piece' would be preceded or accompanied by a commentary by the performer as to what on earth they're actually doing..

--
Damian Stewart
+64 27 305 4107

f r e y