Re: [microsound] miles of styles of philosophes

Is a point of reference required in order to appreciate art? I often mull this over. I do not think that it is but the context of said piece does change when an informed point of reference is present. I do think that ones perception changes when you have an informed point of reference about any artwork. Does that make it more enjoyable? I do not think so, even though that opinion contradicts my applied logic.

aLEKs