Re: [microsound] Business Art (was iConsume)

This is a valid statement.

My girlfriend just got a BFA in painting. She learned a lot about her
skills with media and concepts, and how to defend her ideas. What she
didn't learn much of were the business things: pricing her art,
networking with collectors/gallery owners, marketing herself, etc. I
believe that she was only required to take a single one-hour, half
semester course that touched on any sort of business practicalities.

It's a shame that so many people go to these fine institutions to
learn such wonderful skills, only to have them choked off by the
tourniquet of business inexperience.

~Kyle