[microsound] cultural production in a post-oil economy

http://alternet.org/envirohealth/47705/

interesting article which my wife forwarded to me earlier today
I found his point on 'canned entertainment' very interesting
(although I find his analysis naive and reductionist overall)

but I thought this might make for a good list discussion

here is his view on culture production:

> 7. The age of canned entertainment is coming to and end. It was fun
> for a while. We liked "Citizen Kane" and the Beatles. But we're
> going to have to make our own music and our own drama down the
> road. We're going to need playhouses and live performance halls.
> We're going to need violin and banjo players and playwrights and
> scenery-makers, and singers. We'll need theater managers and stage-
> hands. The Internet is not going to save canned entertainment. The
> Internet will not work so well if the electricity is on the fritz
> half the time (or more).

any thoughts? opinions? view on how electronic (and all forms of
music) will look and feel in a post-oil economy?