Re: [microsound] (ot) Digital corruption tools?

>I'm looking for a tool or method to create a decent level of "digital" corruption of image files

There's a binary (hex) editor for the Mac called Hexedit. It'll open any file. You could select some data (away from the header) and copy it from one place to another ... including from other (e.g. text) files. (Works with audio too.)

If you've got access to Photoshop (any old version), you can select small areas or stripes and run a range of plugs on them. Extreme custom filtering for example. (GIMP might do that too, haven't used it.)

-- Tony