Re: [microsound] Call for Work: Queer Experimental Sound

I'm not sure ph's original comment was "ridicule", but I can see how
there could be a disturbing aspect to questioning this call for works.

On the other hand, identity politics tend to leave a bad taste in my
mouth. The move to identity politics coincided nicely with a broad
depoliticizing, especially on the economic front, and with the
ascension of eighties pomo relativism. Is identity politics, and
artwork rooted in identity politics, really still relevant?

I'd feel a little different if I saw some attempt to make rhizomatic
connections going on. Some mention of class, economy, and attempts to
make connections beyond this narrow field of identity politics...

~David