[microsound] hydrophone

there is a better plan for building this hydrophone
http://www.karlgrabe.com/sounds.htm

plans are here:
http://tinyurl.com/2rfw68

preamp plans are here:
http://tinyurl.com/2r8mfg

I'd only use the Watlington hydro
http://users.tpg.com.au/users/adsl9dhg/hydro_dunking.htm
if I were towing
(I've also built this one but have not completed it -- if anyone is
interested I wouldn't be adversed to selling it)
but for dunking the one I've listed is fine

be warned: while it looks simple you might encounter some
difficulties building it unless you have electronics and fabrication
experience

I've built two of these and gave one away to a friend who is
interested in underwater recording

they are cheap to build and simple to use