[microsound] RE: hydrophone

my favorite hydrophone on the cheap:
1. rasioshack pzm
2. remove the square plate
3. wrap the plateless mic element with a condom
    lube is ok if thats all you have just wipe it clean
    or let it dry. even expired ones are water tight.
4. attach a metal jar lid to the wrapped PZM
    element with a rubber band. The metal lid
    should be exposed to the water. Tighten
    everything up with twist ties.

wrapping a normal diaphram microphone with
a condom just doesn't sound as good underwater
as a PZM with a big metal plate.