Re: [microsound] so?

On 8-Aug-07, at 9:09 PM, Dan Cochran wrote:

I think it's nice. I do believe they will come out with an anti glare version of the screen as they did with the latest mac book pro ( a true lifesaver for those with windows in their studio).

i don't think so dan... the glass front of the unit is what causes the screen to be glossy. it looks like that may a big part of their marketing, especially to tie it into the iphone, which has a similar aesthetic.

i still can't believe they went for that look. it's so totally unsuited for professional creative/work environments... brutal for serious graphic design. even movies aren't meant to played back on a glossy screen in the movie theatre... i just don't get it. it gives off false readings on colour. it looks cheap. ba!

I have tried this style of keyboard , which is standard on the new mac book design....comfortable? Yes, although I personally try to acquire an ergonomic keyboard whenever possible....and dont' think much of any standard keyboard setup.

plus it's more forgiving if you happen to be eating a sandwich whilst typing, which is something i often do.

My only complaint would be that the keyboard isn't bluetooth and neither is the mouse.

they have a bluetooth remote option. watch the extremely boring video for more details:)

And what about the insides? I'd like to see spec as I usually spend my time working on a computer and not really admiring it's design.

it's all on the website.

D.