Re: [microsound] Live chopping and looping question

I used a Trigger Finger to trigger different configurations of a VST plugin called InstaJungle.
Quoting from www.instajungle.com :
"InstaJungle will let you slice beats on the fly, and let you play back different slices in the buffer with just the movement of a slider or the twist of a knob"

What it does is it lets the audio through until you trigger it, then it slices up a buffer of audio and loops it, if you change parameters it can act as a beatslicer. A nice feature is the choice between past and future buffering. In past mode, when you trigger it, you're slicing the audio that had just been played, this is the fastest way round, but you have to wait untill the part you want to slice has played though, and so there's a nack to it. Future mode starts the recording buffer when you trigger then allows you slice as soon as it's done.

Hope it helped...

? ? a écrit :
Is there a VST or a combination of VSTs, etc. that'll allow me to record perhaps 1-4 bars of audio, chop it up into pieces, assign each piece to a key on a MIDI keyboard (or even a laptop keyboard) and then loop what I play?