To: "microsound" <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 8:07 AM
Subject: Re: [microsound] [idm-making] [microsound] software question

I forgot to point out one thing in my previous post. You mentioned that you have Reaktor. It's *dead easy* to do simple granular applications with Reaktor. The grain cloud module is a ready made package of pretty much all you need for a simple straightforward granular action, so just look that up in the manual.

Best,

Visa

Visa Kuoppala kirjoitti:
I have Kontakt - it's great, albeit a little bloated. Unfortunately the development has been going more towards a sample-player/rompler than a creative sound-mangler. It's still the most flexible sampler on the market, but experimental musicians are clearly not the first priority in its development.

A sleeker alternative that *is* actually aimed at creative sample-mangling is the Vember Audio Shortcircuit http://vemberaudio.se/shortcircuit.php - check out the free version. If the long-overdue SC2 ever gets released, that might just be the number one tool for creative sample manipulation.

Best,

Visa

justin deming kirjoitti:
anyone out there using kontakt? i had a quick question for kontakt users. im looking for software that easily allows me to put smooth granular effects
into my programming without having to switch back and forth through
sequencer lanes or outside processing.  in other words, effects through
automating knobs or buttons while having all the sequencer data in one
window. i hate having to program stuff and then bounce things, process, and
then put it back in to get the desired effects.  or having different
software samplers up that only do reversed sounds because my main sampler wont do it on the fly. i want it all in the same place. does kontakt do
this?