RE: [microsound] renoise

Command in trackers can lead to amazing sound treatments and even some kind
of algorithmic programming of parameter changes. So far, the most advanced
piece of control I've found is in LSDj's Table features (that I've
implemented in my own littlegptracker). Basically it works like a parameter
sequencer running at 96PPQ and allowing some kind of conditional GOTO's. It
can make the dullest sound become very alive. Basically think of the
machinedrum/Monomachine parameter locks running way faster with conditional
looping in it. I haven't seen one traditional sequencer implementing
anything like it.

For example this track:

http://discodirt.10pm.org/tardline_raster.mp3

uses barely 3 samples (BD/SD/Hat) and 8 small looped waveforms + a stolen
ping from Pink Floyd's "echoes". All variety of timbre comes just from table
manipulation on the base waveforms. All dry and no FX's added.