[microsound] midi controller surface/mixer for Logic

--- Begin Message ---
Apologies in advance if this post is deemed unworthy to some, but I am
finding it hard to decide upon the best midi controller surface (pots &
faders) to utilise with logic studio plugins and instruments...

The Novation ReMOTE 25 SL is enticing (relatively affordable, automapping
etc) but I wonder if anybody has had any experience of using the Mackie C4,
specifically with logic 7, or Logic 8/Studio ?

I have been piddlin' about with Logic express 7.x for nearly a year now -
have become pretty fed up with mousing about the screen and need some
greater means of expression, plus all the bells and whistles of pro spec'ed
software (will upgrade to Studio sometime soon).

I'd be delighted to find a controller device which offers me the ability to
:

assign parameters (volume, frequency, resonance etc) from different
individual plugin instruments/effects to specific pots/faders without
having to switch banks or channels

 i.e. have control over many seperate plugins' parameters to hand on the
same surface at the same time...

Primarily the device will be used in the home studio, but not without an
ear cocked toward live application in the future.

Any thoughts/opinions much appreciated,
cheers
bp

--- End Message ---