Re: [microsound] Why are noises popular

I think the biggest reason behind the validity of noises in music is
simply 'why not?'. For the roots of that I would point you towards the
writings of Luigi Russolo, John Cage and Pierre Schaeffer. I'll let
others more conversant with the glitch aesthetic expand on the
specific influences.

//p
http://www.interdisciplina.org/00.0/