[microsound] Why are noises popular

Hello all, I am writing for a seminar on the glitch aesthetic, and I want to
explore the reasons "why" noises etc are a valid source material for music.

My research has pointed me towards who and where glitch began, specifically
in terms of the digital era (one can trace its legacy far beyond the
invention of computers), and I am partly inspired by Cascone's "aesthetics
of failure", with the idea of a post-digital artist.  I am interested in
hearing what others, especially those deeply involved in the creation of
glitch, have to say on why they compose with the sounds they do?  Why are
you inspired to use such sounds, and why do you think others enjoy hearing
them and please be as academic/philophical as you like.

Cheers.

--

Johnny.