Re: [microsound] pearls before swine

On Mar 30, 2008, at 4:35 PM, babilano wrote:

Hi Bill,

VPRO is a Dutch public broadcasting organization.
A little nod to the small crowd of cognoscenti, i have a peculiar sense of humour.
VPRO: Vrijzinnig Protestantse Radio Omroep.
Liberal Protestant Radio Broadcasting Association would be my best guess.

  Oh. Thank you.

For a long time they were the only ones playing music that was not on any hitparade or movies that were not from Hollywood. Lately they have been trying to get rid of their elitist image by doing shows on sports and cars with a campy twist, even a Dutch version of the British Broadcasting Corporation show Room 101.( I cancelled my membership about 4 years ago)

It's funny how these things go, I wasn't planning to still be at my computer at this hour but here I am again. First opened Itunes for some music and it started playing the Ray of Light rework mix by you...
Then I opened Mail and there you were again!
Now is that synchronicity or what?

-was reading of someone who played instruments on that Madonna album and also designed sound installations.

" or how about ' very proud reactionary room organization' (?) compacted anti-art stance with just a hint of conservatism out of harm's way where it won't cause any offense or damage"

Found your speculations on the acronym very amusing.
I certainly take care not to cause any more damage or offense, I've left a trail of destruction already.
Reactionary, conservative...

-wasn't calling you that , thought it was a concept , a little world held together by its own gravity.

People have called me by worse names in the past.
Nazi was always a favorite (don't worry,I'm in touch w/ my inner fascist)
Did you really detect an anti art stance in my posts?
Or am I taking this stuff too seriously/personally ?

yes. watch out for the others though , some of them are quite serious looking.

groetjes & xxxjes

babilano

will we be depressed if we're wrong?

only if there's someone clever enough to make us into hardware and someone to push the buttons.