Re: [microsound] mac osx -> linux?

On Tue, 13 May 2008 13:18:04 +0200, flemming lyst wrote:
> i'm considering a switch from mac os to linux as i need a new labtop...

> i'm doing it to save money now and in the future (on hardware and software
> updates...)
> but a little concerned with time and the tools...

It's a little hard to gauge your skills and personality type via a
brief email, but my guess is that if Linux was for you, you'd have made
the switch already.

I should also point out that although FLOSS software doesn't require
you to spend money, every FLOSS developer hopes that their users would
contribute money to their cause. So I would consider giving the money
you now ship off to Apple, Steinberg and the rest to the Ardour
project, and all the other FLOSS developers whose software you will
benefit from. I don't see a savings here, I see a gift community.

Best, Charles