Re: [microsound] Looking for a score of Horos (Xenakis)

Hi Samuel,

On May 27, 2008, at 12:30 PM, Samuel van ransbeeck wrote:

In alot of papers that I have read, people write about Horos for orchestra by Xenakis, where he uses CA in some parts. However, nowhere I can find examples of the score.

Have you seen this?

Horos: Climactic flourish of staggered cluster runs, mm. 97-100
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~digimus/xenakis/pages/fig178.html

Horos: Chart of orchestration and palindromic pitch structure of cellular automaton, m. 10. p. 177
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~digimus/xenakis/pages/fig176--47.html

It's from the online supplement to James Harley's "Iannis Xenakis: His Life in Music"
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~digimus/xenakis/index.html

Cheers,
--
Sergio