Re: [microsound] Looking for a score of Horos (Xenakis)

On Tue, 27 May 2008 03:30:57 -0700 (PDT), Samuel van ransbeeck wrote:

> I am preparing a presentation for school and i am going to talk about
> using cellular automata in composition. In alot of papers that I have
> read, people write about Horos for orchestra by Xenakis, where he
> uses CA in some parts. However, nowhere I can find examples of the
> score. So, theoretically, it might be correct, but I would like to
> see (and show) the musical adaptation that Xednakis made. I cannot
> find a score so I was wondering if anyone has a pdf version of the
> piece.

It's an orchestral score and quite large. Salabert used to be a lot
better about responding to enquiries, but you could try there. No
interlibrary loan at your school? Worldcat shows it available at 57
libraries worldwide.

BTW: pretty much the definitive essay on Horos and CA is by Makis
Solomos:

<http://cicm.mshparisnord.org/ColloqueXenakis/papers/Solomos.pdf>

Best, Charles