[microsound] Formative microsound experiences?

So I've just recently gotten back into making music after a 5 year
hiatus of professional software development work. I'm using Csound much
more seriously than I ever did before (I've been more of a free/jazz sax
player in the past), so I figured it wouldn't hurt to pick up the Csound
book. In particular, I'm currently reading Kim Cascone's chapter on
"recontextualizing Ambient Music in Csound", and found the descriptions
of formative childhood electronic music exposure resonated with me
strongly.

Although it's taken me a long time to realize how important synthesized
music is to me--I'm only just coming "back" to it now after years of
improvisational sax playing, instrumental composition, folk singing, and
most recently, 5 years of very little musical output--it really has been
with me "all along"; when I was a kid in the 70s, I used to listen to
this crazy old LP my dad had of 1960s Stanford music lab stuff: Ilhan
Mimaroglu, Tzvi Avni, and others. Sure, there was plenty of Joan Baez,
Joni Mitchell and Gordon Lightfoot in his collection too, to which I
also devoted a fair amount of listening time, but I kept inexplicably
being drawn back to this weird, wild, and yet somehow totally compelling
album of electroacoustic music (for reference, it was "Electronic Music"
on Turnabout, fourth album listed at
http://www.gardenofearthlydelights.com/Electronica.html).

I'm curious if anybody else has childhood formative 'microsound'
experiences that they'd like to share. Anybody got a good story? What
would you look back on now and point to as your earliest 'microsonic'
experience? What, from your early life, made you interested in doing the
sonic work you're doing now?

Dan