Re: [microsound] Re: Fwd: [microsound] pita's "get out"

taylor deupree wrote:

> there's been a trend lately, which i'm guilty of following myself, for
> releasing shorter albums... 45 mins. max. gone are the days of 75 minute
> CDs... i think that works better with classic ambient sleepy music...
>
> but i agree, shorter albums, if done right, should leave the listener
> wanting more...

Yes yes yes... whatever happened to the EP? I know it doesn't really
cost any less to do an EP, and so for those of us financing our own
releases there is an economic disincentive in regards to EPs (you can't
charge as much, etc.), which is too bad, I think. I like the idea of
15-20 minutes of music with which one can do something different and
experiment, not have to be coherent in any way with another 20-50
minutes of sound. It also has the potential to make a composer more
concise, and this can be a VERY good thing! Lauds to the 20-2000 series
for attempting this, whether or not they have been totally successful. I
shudder to think what will happen when DVDs rule the earth... must we
wait until we have 6 hours ofmaterial to releae it?

haha...

the foundry
realaudio samples via:
http://www.foundrysite.com/sounds1.html

out now...
eM <the motor sessions ep> (lmtd. 7"/lmtd. cdr)
the foundry <mote> (cd)

and...
eM remix on <knots> issued on thousand/wmo [out 8/10/99]
http://wiremailorder.com/thousand/knots.htm