Re: [microsound] shirt trax

inital list postings are always so misinformed, sorry if this has been
covered. just that i enjoyed this one non-stop on two consecutive 4-hour
bus rides & feel somewhat intimate w/it, might not have this chance...

>i finally got a copy of the shirt trax cd "good news about space" today.
>(shirt trax is a side project by one of the members of snd.) i haven't
>fully digested it yet, but i'd recommend "good news" to those who thought
>snd sounded like a good idea on paper, but found it too structured and
>genre-rooted in practice. "good news" is actually a fair distance from snd,
>but an obviously digital experimentalism joins the two projects. i'd make
>the comparison of farmers manual or takemura (minus, for the most part, the
>playfulness), primarily due to the ease with which it seems to balance
>academic and post-techno syntax. lots of skipping edit points, but also a
>strong sense of motion and development. there's also a good deal of
>variety, which few rigorously digital-oriented producers seem to be
>concerned with these days.

the thing that intrigues me the most after dissecting this one is the bit
of press I read about it all being performed 'live' w/out any prior
preparations or even sound collecting/collating... can anyone confirm or
deny this? it either ruined or completely made this disc for me as i had
that in mind all the while. a very curious release, would love to find more
non-extraneous (i.e. not weather conditions, platform(s), discography)
infomration about this duo... -Våt

PS- am also re-discovering the Boris Hegenbart 'Tau Hikuohito' CD after it
re-entered my collection after some absence. another stumper, more info
please?

Reckankreuzungsklankewerkzeuge
PO BOX 382864.  Cambridge, MA 02238
http://www.tiac.net/users/sheket/index.html